Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hi!!!

Okay, so we are losers!! I know we haven't been on here in a while but our Internet was down and they finally sent us a new modem. I was sick with the stomach flu on the week we decided to be small group leaders at our church, which I'll explain in a bit. As I was recovering from the flu, I got a horrible cold. I have been worthless, I just haven't felt good. Our fish died, and it was probably for the better. I returned the fish and food and got my money back. We are still working on our seeds for the summer garden.
Our church had a vision night a few weeks ago and wanted to see many new things happening in our church. We have already gone from 2 to 3 services and on Easter weekend will be starting a 4th service on Saturday evenings. Our church has grown from like 200 people to 450 people in the last few months. Our church promotes small groups because you come to church to learn about God and grow close to him, but you can't really focus on friendships because there isn't enough time. The small group is where we make friends and those friends hold us accountable in our walk with God. It is just people to give us a good atmosphere. Anyways, recently our church has been asking different small group leaders who would be good candidates for new small group leaders. Our church wants 25 small groups this year and we have 10. 3 weeks ago we were asked to be leaders and we accepted the mission. We make #11!!!!!!! Our church does series every 4 to 6 weeks and the small group curriculum follows along. This helps people to get a better grasp on the sermons.
We are supposed to start next week and I know it will be great!

4 comments:

Four Lil Monkeys said...

OMG! I cried when I read this! I am so proud of you both and can't wait to hear more about your small group!!! I love you and miss you so much, but I can see that God is doing a work in your lives. Love you!!!! xoxoxoxox

Aguayo Family said...

Hey, it was your seed you planted; now you can see it grow! Thanks for the nurturing ;)

Four Lil Monkeys said...

That is so humbling for you to say that...I cannot say enough how proud I am of you. You are a beautiful, amazing, mighty woman of God and that can only be attributed to the Father!

Aguayo Family said...

I know we are here for a reason, but I sure miss you guys! Just the BBQ's and all the fun stuff.