Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fire Brigade

Okay, so you all are going to laugh at me... Two days in a row we had the smoke alarm going off. It went off twice when Jesse was showering and once when I was boiling beans. The first time we took the proper precautions and checked everything and we didn't smell smoke. We figured the oil lamps or the steam from his shower set off the alarm. The second time it went off we didn't have the oil lamps going so we ruled that out as the problem. Jesse was showering and we figured it was the shower. The 3rd time was when I was boiling the beans and it really concerned me because it is 3 times in 2 days. I called 911 and I explained to the lady that it wasn't an emergency, but if she may know or not if it could be the steam. She said she should send someone out anyways. The big, red, fire-truck came driving down the street and parked right in front of our house! They were very thorough and I was super pleased. They checked the attic and crawl-space, didn't find anything. Right before he left he decided to check the circuit breaker and what do ya know, the smoke alarm one had be set off. He told us that the next time we shower or boil beans and the alarm sounds, go and check the breaker and see if it trips. If it does we have to call the builder and have the electrician come out and check. It was worth them coming out because we at least know there may be a problem. I even got emotional because we have worked so hard to have all of our wonderful things and the thought of something like fire is scary. All is good so far, I let ya know if the electrician comes out!!

No comments: